• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod sleeves ?

I've been looking for some cheap rod sleeves for my various rods and can't find any under about 12 to 14 quid
I do t want it for protection more for keeping everything tidy in transit with made up rods

Has anyone seen anything cheaper or have tried the socks the yanks use

Not being funny here Darren, but how cheap do you want them ??

I use the Spomb sleeves for my made up rods, and a Greys 2 rod holdall to carry them to the bank in. One thing to watch is that most sleeves are designed for Carp rods, and with them having longer handles that Barbel rods, the reel pouch is too high up on the sleeve, so when you put your made up rod in, the tip is then too long for the sleeve. I've found that out to my cost.

Not being funny here Darren, but how cheap do you want them ??

I use the Spomb sleeves for my made up rods, and a Greys 2 rod holdall to carry them to the bank in. One thing to watch is that most sleeves are designed for Carp rods, and with them having longer handles that Barbel rods, the reel pouch is too high up on the sleeve, so when you put your made up rod in, the tip is then too long for the sleeve. I've found that out to my cost.
Never thought of that pitfall thank you 😊

The Advanta ones from Angling Direct will take barbel rods and the 12’ are currently on offer at £14.99 in their sale. Good quality and they also do a fully padded version for another £3 or so.

Dave

I've been looking for some cheap rod sleeves for my various rods and can't find any under about 12 to 14 quid
I do t want it for protection more for keeping everything tidy in transit with made up rods

Has anyone seen anything cheaper or have tried the socks the yanks use
What size sleeves are you after Darren?

The Advanta ones from Angling Direct will take barbel rods and the 12’ are currently on offer at £14.99 in their sale. Good quality and they also do a fully padded version for another £3 or so.

Dave
Thanks for the advice David. I had been looking for a pair of sleeves for my 10 foot cane rods. I came across an offer for these Advanta ones ona French site and had dismissed it as being 'too cheap'. I was wrong. You are right.

Back