• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod Licence

Paul Whiteing

Administrator
Staff member
I got a newletter from the EA, it mentioned "This year, we’ve featured bream, mirror carp and a sea trout."

I got my new licence a couple of weeks ago, it was a gudgeon, exactly the same picture as last season's

Just sayin ....

One can hope Nick. I'm sad in that I keep all stuff, have rod licences (plus club permits etc) going back (estimated) 40+ years - well I don't know when rod licences started but can't be bothered to go and look :p) Why do I keep them? no idea, certainly not in case they are worth anything. But maybe I will leave them for my g'kids just in case? :D

I got a newletter from the EA, it mentioned "This year, we’ve featured bream, mirror carp and a sea trout."

I got my new licence a couple of weeks ago, it was a gudgeon, exactly the same picture as last season's

Just sayin ....
Paul this years 2 rod licence has got a picture of Breams300_Trout__Coarses_2_Rod_COMP.jpg I think they sent you last years:D

Paul,
It does say in their March news letter that the new pictures would be on licenses from early March. So I think you purchased yours just before the picture change.
Mike

My licence, applied for early, Salmon and sea Trout included, has a lovely picture of a Salmon on it. Valid for 3 coarse rods too.
Have become a pensioner this year, £20 discount on the licence and the same on my Avon ticket.
Buying a new fly rod and reel to celebrate.
£180 from China as opposed to around a Grand from UK suppliers for the same spec. Plus a free line a spare spool and a hat.
I've bought quite a few items from the same supplier and have been delighted with the products.
Can't wait for them to arrive.

Me too Paul, applied online last evening and price reduction for 65 year + status :)

Please beware thou' lads, for those of you that renew online if you search "fishing licence" the first to show on a Google search is an organisation that charges about 50% more for the licence. Make sure you go onto Gov.UK Price should be £30 for two rods [Coarse & Trout] or £20 "concessionary" rate if like Paul and I you are over 65 years old.....

One can hope Nick. I'm sad in that I keep all stuff, have rod licences (plus club permits etc) going back (estimated) 40+ years - well I don't know when rod licences started but can't be bothered to go and look :p) Why do I keep them? no idea, certainly not in case they are worth anything. But maybe I will leave them for my g'kids just in case? :D

I wish I'd done that!

Hi men

A Japanese sniper wandered out the jungle the last time i had mine checked . I goes strait in my wallet , and there it stays all year . My Carte de Perche on the other had comes in a nice wallet , picture id , and a load of bumf on place to fish . Then again the bailiffs carry guns over there .

Hatter

Could be useful on the Itchen to deter the recent arrivals using torches and tridents to take Barbel, Chub and game fish.
Notwithstanding the nets. Several incidents.
25 swans on the lower river last year. Far too many but there's none at all now.
About the only benefit of our EU membership.

Back