• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rod carrier

Sean Smith

Well as i seem to be getting more into this barbie bashing i have decided to sort out my gear and only take what is really needed

I have now got a new bag and chair but what i now need is a ready made rod carrier to fit two rods in and my landing net pole the rods will need to have the reels on and one that will carry my new (when i get one ) river tripod

so has anyone got any suggestions that will do what i ask or do i have to spend hours trolling around

Cheers

Sean

I use one of these Sean, it's strong, well made and the pockets cover your reels keeping them safe when on the move..

Sean
Have a look at the 'Korum 2 Rod Quiver' that will do the job for you too.
Pop into Solihull Angling Centre and have a look at 1, and see whether it's what your looking for.

Cheers
Mark

Sean

Korum 2 rod quiver, protects the rods/reels fully, and matches that nice new bag :D Tripod and landing net fit nicely to keep it balanced and you still have 2 pockets left for a brolley and backsticks if you need to.

Should have said mate, I would have shown you my one when you were round last week, quality piece of kit.

Cheers
Jas

Last edited:
Sean

Korum 2 rod quiver, protects the rods/reels fully, and matches that nice new bag :D Tripod and landing net fit nicely to keep it balanced and you still have 2 pockets left for a brolley and backsticks if you need to.

Should have said mate, I would have shown you my one when you were round last week, quality piece of kit.

Cheers
Jas

Hi Jason,

Not seen this bit of kit....but how exactly does it " Protect the rods/reels fully" ? Are they not just held by Velcro straps on the outside of the thing :confused:

Cheers, Dave.

korum is a lot heavier than the gardner so wouldn't use it if you like roving. I use the gardener -my korum is in the shed if you want it!

korum is a lot heavier than the gardner so wouldn't use it if you like roving. I use the gardener -my korum is in the shed if you want it!

Sent you a pm Geoff

Many thanks for all the replies a lot to consider

will the gardener one take a 6000 bait runner ? as it only says up to 5000 sized reels ?

Cheers

Sean

Sent you a pm Geoff

Many thanks for all the replies a lot to consider

will the gardener one take a 6000 bait runner ? as it only says up to 5000 sized reels ?

Cheers

Sean

Quite easily Sean, Thats the size I use. Believe me you wont be disappointed with the Gardner;) and its nice and light.

Hi Jason,

Not seen this bit of kit....but how exactly does it " Protect the rods/reels fully" ? Are they not just held by Velcro straps on the outside of the thing :confused:

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave

Maybe I should rephase it:

Korum Total Protection 2 Rod Quiver

http://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk/product.php/20862/korum-total-protection-2-rod-quiver

Yes, they're a touch heavier but imo outbeat any other quiver for keeping your rods protected in transit and storage

Cheers
Jas

Hi Dave

Maybe I should rephase it:

Korum Total Protection 2 Rod Quiver

http://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk/product.php/20862/korum-total-protection-2-rod-quiver

Yes, they're a touch heavier but imo outbeat any other quiver for keeping your rods protected in transit and storage

Cheers
Jas

Hi Jason,

Sorry fella, as I say, I have not seen this item. Now I have viewed it on your link, I can see the problem. That is not what I understand a quiver to be at all...that is a rod bag, pure and simple. The rods and reels are completely enclosed in a bag, which even has stiff sides to protect the rods :confused: I wonder why on earth Korum are calling it a quiver?

Cheers, Dave.

Many thanks for all the replies

I went today and bought the Korum total protection one and the korum river pod

i am still going to invest int the gardiner one as well

Sean

Back