• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

rocking and rolling

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Just wonderful today.

Baking hot. Then black clouds. Crashes of thunder and the rain sheets down and I am drenched.
Twenty minutes later blue sky and sun and I slowly dry out as do my damp cigarettes.

An hour on and the sky goes inky black and thunder once again rolls in with some immense crashes. Against the blackness a perfectly formed rainbow that sparkles in the rain.

A kingfisher sweeps along the river and as I hear its call downriver the rod buckles over and shortly afterwards a barbel is drawn to the net.

Aint fishing grand.

Lovely graham. Similar extreme weather here in Brittany. Once the rain stops the fish play ball and a 35 on the pin and the stalking rod yesterday in the sunshine was what I love about fishing in a nutshell.

Rocking and rolling? Me too, in the Irish Sea in a 16m boat for much of the last 24hrs. Cheers Bertha! Things we do to earn a crust.

Graham. Wow! Great fishing. A quill float I hope?

The other funny thing I saw was a chap who looked like a young Chris Yates fishing with a lovely cane rod But it looked like it was twinned with a Shimano 8000!

Nice fishing Graham. The 'Chris Yates' you saw is Matt, nice guy and one of our newer club members. He carries two lovely canes - the other with a Purist on it, so that's OK :)

Cracking fish on the pin mate. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos!

Just back from Skiathos but was caught by a sudden downpour on the last morning. Had to risk the camera for the money shot, but it was worth it :)

DSC05140e2rotated_zpsffba64b4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just wonderful today.

Baking hot. Then black clouds. Crashes of thunder and the rain sheets down and I am drenched.
Twenty minutes later blue sky and sun and I slowly dry out as do my damp cigarettes.

An hour on and the sky goes inky black and thunder once again rolls in with some immense crashes. Against the blackness a perfectly formed rainbow that sparkles in the rain.

A kingfisher sweeps along the river and as I hear its call downriver the rod buckles over and shortly afterwards a barbel is drawn to the net.

Aint fishing grand.

Same for me..........apart from the cigarettes. And no Barbel....:(

Back