• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Riverside park Christchurch

Carl Hall

Hi, I was thinking of booking this place for late summer, has anybody been before?

Can anybody please recommend any where else we would like self catering and not to far a walk from the pub etc etc

Regards Carl

Hi Paul,

Most of the anglers stay at either The Royalty View or Grosvenor Lodge, both B+B's. The Royalty View is virtually ion the banks of the Royalty fishery. Grosvenor Lodge is quite central, neither is more than a 10 minute walk into town. As for self catering, sorry, it's not my thing!

Regards,

Jeff

Hi Carl
Try Meadowbank Holidays or Bournecoast Holidays
The first is a lovely caravan park at the side of the stour on beat 1 of Throop(day tickets)
The second is holiday properties to let around Christchurch.

But as Jeff say's you won't go far wrong at either RV or GL
There's usually someone there to put you on the fish.

Hi Jeff hope you and Cat are keeping well.

Hi Dave,
i hope you and Loraine are both well, just a correction to your post........
.....it's Beat 3 and not Beat 1.
Showing your age again Dave.
Good luck.
Brian.

i stayed at the grosvenor lodge when i was down for a few days, although they didnt do evening meals they were happy for us to take a takeaway back after going for a pint or two.
byetheway, the chinese just down from davis's tackle (same side of the road as the shop & fishery) does the best salt & pepper ribs in the country.

Hi Dave,

Long time no see mate.

Sixty! Crikey.

Me and Cat are both fine, hoping to get down for the end of the season.

Best wishes and all our love to you and Lorraine.

Cat and Jeff

Hi Jeff
Sixty! hah!! it's only a number,
Lorraine and I will be down Fri night the 8th till Sun the 10th hope to see you both.
All the best

Hi Jeff
Sixty! hah!! it's only a number,
Lorraine and I will be down Fri night the 8th till Sun the 10th hope to see you both.
All the best

Lorraine will still be hungover from freebie Friday when you go back on Sunday! :D

Hi Carl
If you come out of the site turn right follow road over river,about 0.25 of a mile all flat no hills.
Hi Nigel we're really looking forward to coming down.
We'll probably both be hungover for the rest of the week when we get back;)

Back