• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rivers in and around Salisbury

Martin Osmond

Senior Member & Supporter
Good afternoon, been a while for me, hope your all good.

Just been visiting some friends in Salisbury and have seen vast amounts of various rivers, seem to be everywhere.

Without going onto too much detail can anyone point me in the right direction as to what river'(s) I many have seen and any availability to fish in terms of clubs or free bits I would greatly appreciate it.

Wanting to do a bit of general trotting when I next go that way.

Cheers
Martin

Oh, by the way it would be predominantly the Hampshire Avon although I believe the Wylie joins the Avon at Salisbury

Good afternoon, been a while for me, hope your all good.

Just been visiting some friends in Salisbury and have seen vast amounts of various rivers, seem to be everywhere.

Without going onto too much detail can anyone point me in the right direction as to what river'(s) I many have seen and any availability to fish in terms of clubs or free bits I would greatly appreciate it.

Wanting to do a bit of general trotting when I next go that way.

Cheers
Martin
What Richard said

Hi Martin,

I don't really know that area but I'm pretty sure the carriers and river are part of the Britford Fishery controlled by London Anglers Association.

Look up the Britford fishery info
Apart from being on their membership Britford used to be on a day ticket as well. Nice fishery with a bit of everything with most coarse fish plus Trout and Grayling.

Back