• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Wye

Garry Howell

Hi all, I wonder if someone can suggest a stretch of the Wye worth a go late season, probable early March weather permitting, something not to dangerous! Any advice appreciated. Garry

Hi all, I wonder if someone can suggest a stretch of the Wye worth a go late season, probable early March weather permitting, something not to dangerous! Any advice appreciated. Garry

Caradoc on the WUF waters just above Ross Gary. £20 still I think. But you need to check availability now!! if you are to stand any chance of getting on with a 3 rod coarse limit. Its a reasonably easy stretch as far a pegs are concerned, and the bonus is that you can drive on the beats, all level ground, beautiful place and worth the money.
If you like I can try and help with putting you on the more productive areas, or as they were:),
I can pm of course;)

Last edited:
Fewer productive spots on caradoc at that time of year Neil than in summer.

Garry, pm closer to the time and maybe I can sort you out.

Check out ,Woodies Angling ,Sues Tackle,Ross Angling ,they will give you loads of up to date info on local fishing ,clubs and day tickets.

The Pons is refering to Wye Angling in Ross on Wye in the middle of the town. If that is what you are asking.

Brian

Thanks

Thanks for the reply's just woken after Christmas slumbers - not allowed near my computer! Look best to seek local knowledge from the shops. Thanks again.

Thank you Brian, thought maybe there'd been a new one opened recently. Then again we already have 3 tackle shops in Ross so a 4th would be getting silly.

Thanks for telling me what "The Pons" was referring to though.

Then again I could be wrong!!! Wont be the first or the last time thats happened. That name seems familiar were you a former poster???

Brian

Back