• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Wye Fshing stopped

Worcester Angling, who control Bishopswood, have announced the same closure.
Hi Ed,
How have they announced that please? I’ve not had an email and can’t find anything on website. Mind you I don’t know how they will police it, I spent some time up there recently with a mate who shelled on day tickets and we were not checked once ☹️ Personally I would prefer to be asked twice a day for my permit than not checked at all.

Hi Ed,
Sorry I asked, there is now a message on the WAS website 👍

Hi Ed,
How have they announced that please? I’ve not had an email and can’t find anything on website. Mind you I don’t know how they will police it, I spent some time up there recently with a mate who shelled on day tickets and we were not checked once ☹️ Personally I would prefer to be asked twice a day for my permit than not checked at all.
Agreed Bill. That stretch used to be adequately bailified. It's been a few years since I've fished there but the previous 2-3 I wasn't checked even once. Maybe there's difficulty finding the volunteers.

Maybe, as the most dominant, allegedly more intelligent (and supposedly more sentient and considerate) species we ought not to be pursuing ANY aquatic (AND through no thought of their own, more vulnerable) residents until conditions properly improve😇

Agreed Bill. That stretch used to be adequately bailified. It's been a few years since I've fished there but the previous 2-3 I wasn't checked even once. Maybe there's difficulty finding the volunteers.
I would say that was the case for most clubs. Finding willing members who are also comfortable with sometimes confrontational situations is difficult. A club I am a board member of have experienced this and don't want bailiffs going out solo as there seems to be more angry people poaching who can be very threatening when challenged in the most polite manner.

I would say that was the case for most clubs. Finding willing members who are also comfortable with sometimes confrontational situations is difficult. A club I am a board member of have experienced this and don't want bailiffs going out solo as there seems to be more angry people poaching who can be very threatening when challenged in the most polite manner.
Very understandable Stuart.

The much anticipated rain failed to materialise yesterday in the Wye Valley and not much forecasted for the immediate either😩

Not a drop around burton/lichfield either mark, also fields are being pumped anywhere they can get a hose, hopefully the weather will break soon, regards

I’m hearing that Angling Dreams are allowing fishing again due to water temperature drop and “a little rain” Local comments appreciated please! The river gauges don’t look too good.

Back