• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Wharfe/Derwent.

Hi all, i'm after a few pointers about good stretches of the above rivers. I moved up to Lincolnshire about 2 years ago. Been fishing the Trent but miss the small winding rivers like Kennet, Loddon and so on.... Any clubs, day tickets would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi Paul, if you want a small winding river then the Nidd is a real gem and stuffed with barbel to double figures. It's as intimate as St.Pats stream without all of the weed! For the Nidd, Wharfe and Derwent I have Aldby Park AC, Bingley AC, Bradford no.1, Leeds DASA, Wetherby AC and York DAA. All have good stretches with some areas on day ticket. Some just have bits of river but the bigger clubs like Bradford, Leeds and York have numerous stretches of various rivers as detailed on their web pages.

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Welcome to the North. We have some great stretches of water up here. Many are close together so you could come up for a day during the close season an investigate ready for June.
Most season tickets are also very attractively priced.
Mike

Thanks for your replies gents. There seems to be lots places for me to explore. I'll get looking at these over the weekend. Tight lines

The Leeds yearbook represents great value, as someone has before, the Nidd is a great small river plus you have the in form Ouse very close by too.

Back