• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Walks

Stuart Prescott

Not exactly barbel related , but ....

River Walks’ on bbc 1 tonight

All about the Hodder , some lovely footage and scenery, easily comparible with the Wye

Different for every region.

I got the river Exe bloody miles from me.

Great Derek

Just watched the Severn episode, so many fantastic memories, of wonderful fishing days revived, Including my best ever red letter day. PB Chub and Barbel :) Not ashamed to say, nothing spectacular by todays standards, But a 5.7lb chub, and a 9lb 14oz barbel, sitting in the snow, in mid December, felt like i was in heaven. :) Maybe I,ll get a double one day, but if i don't, who cares, just being by the river is good enough for me. :)

I watched the Soar, Dove & Trent episode which was very good except when they were talking about fish stocks they used a clip of a shoal of mackerel.

Just watched the Severn episode, so many fantastic memories, of wonderful fishing days revived, Including my best ever red letter day. PB Chub and Barbel :) Not ashamed to say, nothing spectacular by todays standards, But a 5.7lb chub, and a 9lb 14oz barbel, sitting in the snow, in mid December, felt like i was in heaven. :) Maybe I,ll get a double one day, but if i don't, who cares, just being by the river is good enough for me. :)
Cant get the severn one on my phone or tv,all the others available but not that

What a brilliant comment Derek, whatever the circumstances that catch would have been memorable for anyone.

Back