• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Tripod

I’ve ditched the pod and gone with single sticks with Korum screw in butt cups. I haven’t fished a swim yet on the tidal Trent where I can’t get the sticks in, just far less faffing about than the tripod - which btw is a JRC Extreme TX and a good bit of kit if you really want one. It’s actually the long front legs of the pod that I use as single sticks.

I’ve ditched the pod and gone with single sticks with Korum screw in butt cups. I haven’t fished a swim yet on the tidal Trent where I can’t get the sticks in, just far less faffing about than the tripod - which btw is a JRC Extreme TX and a good bit of kit if you really want one. It’s actually the long front legs of the pod that I use as single sticks.
Unfortunately my club stretch at Carlton is very rocky. I'd need a masonary drill to get banksticks in! 😉

Another Prologic user here, personally think the size help to make it very stable, not sure I'd want anything smaller. Do wish they'd made the bag a bit bigger though so you could leave the long legs attached!

Don’t have one myself but have heard very good things about this one….very tempted myself
I do have his other bank ware and quality is excellent

Back