• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

river trent bream

Ian Roscoe

Could anyone give any advice on catching bream on the trent. I've heard of Burton-joyce and Crankley point. Any info please on which club to join, etc. many thnks Ian.

I was on the bank watching my Dad fish a few matches at Burton Joyce last Summer and all along that stretch there was plenty of good size bream caught, my Dad had a nice 7lber on a halibut pellet. That area is mostly owned by Ashfield Angling which has a long waiting list if I'm remembering correctly. Pretty sure you can fish the road stretch on day ticket though.

Anywhere there's bait going in regularly from matches or those seeking carp or barbel will tend to attract the Bream too.

Burton Joyce road section is day ticket. £6 on the bank or £4 in advance from the Ashfield AS website. The recent AT river-fest match was won with 60 lb of bream.

There used to be a very good stamp of bream at Shelford and lots of them that were very partial to Trigga. This would be about 8-9 years ago perhaps, on the Notts AA stretch. Day tickets were available then, not sure if they are now, but worth checking, but I think the annual ticket is pretty decent value anyway at around £35.

There used to be a very good stamp of bream at Shelford and lots of them that were very partial to Trigga. This would be about 8-9 years ago perhaps, on the Notts AA stretch. Day tickets were available then, not sure if they are now, but worth checking, but I think the annual ticket is pretty decent value anyway at around £35.
Your absolutely right on the old cherry trees section.

many thanks Joe.

Back