• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Test guided roach and grayling fishing

Tim Lennon

Hi All,
Andy Frances has kindly given me permission to let you all know that my guided roach and grayling fishing on the legendary River Test is soon to recommence.

Grayling fishing on the Nursling Beat commences from October 15th. Prolific fishing in favourable conditions, with a very realistic chance of 2lb+ grayling. Good numbers of quality chub are also present on this beat.

Roach fishing on the awesome Testwood Pool Beat commences from November 1st. Extremely prolific sport in good conditions, with a realistic chance of 2lb+ roach. Specimen dace are also present, along with bream, chub, grayling and even the odd carp! (as seen on Tight Lines last year).

More details and photos etc. can be found on my Facebook pages, or please PM me for more information.

regards,
Tim

I remember my guiding session last year Tim at Nursling. Terrific sport and I did indeed secure a 2lb grayling and another very close to it. But what I remember most is my first few trots in the first swim we tried I had many bites which you couldn't believe I couldn't hit. It was hilarious and in the end I said "OK, you have a go!". You hooked a fish on the first run through- a 2lb grayling. You felt so bad about that and were mightily relieved when I managed one of my own. Fabulous place to fish.

Hi Howard,
I remember it well! It's an anecdote I sometimes relate, but of course the names are changed to protect the innocent.

Nursling is fishing superbly well for the grayling...perhaps a return visit should be organised?

And don't forget that Testwood Pool opens this weekend.

all the best, Tim

Back