• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Swop

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Whilst I know that often Anglers meet up on here and arrange trips to various different rivers that might be new to them.

It might be useful to use this thread to see if YOU might want to take part in exchanging experiences.

I have always wanted to barbel fish the Nene.

So.
Anybody want to share 2 days with tickets on the Wye (or Warks Avon) for
The same on the Nene?
Not major issue but accomodation could be included if both ways.

Feel free to add your ideal "Swop" on this post.

Hi men ,

Some of the barbel bits are dayticket mate , google is your friend , PDAA , castor area . The bits with the know big fish are syndicate .

Hatter

Hi Graham,
What a cracking idea.
Not sure who would be prepared to visit the Yorkshire Derwent as my half of the swap. It's a beautiful river, but the fishing can be b---dy hard.
I love fishing it, but blanks are very much the norm.
Mike

There are some cracking barbel on the Nene it did one of 17lb the week before the season ended along with a 13-3. 14-2 & 9+ to the same angler see angling times April 2nd issue.
Tactics are keep light keep on the move it's best suited to roving so leave your big river set ups at home.
Don't hoof bait in it's not needed.
Not an easy river to fish at times you have to get to know it first but some cracking barbel and we'll bailiffed and looked after sections.
Be aware there is NO NIGHT FISHING and the bailiffs do patrol at night.

Back