• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Lugg???

James Healey

My BAA booklet says there is a decent bit of the river lugg available to members. I was in hereford today so I called in to the BAA section on the lugg on my way home and there is a fair amount of river to be fair, but it's neglected and overgrown. Plus the river is absolutley tiny. I would normally just roll up to a new stretch of water and have cast around but I've not fished a little river like this one before. I can't just haul a load of luncheon meat in and get my flask out like I do on the teme. Is there anyone here who has any experience with this river?
Has anyone fished here?
What can I expect to catch (if anything)?
Is it worth fishing?
Most importantly how do I fish it (I'm not targeting specific species)?

Lovely bit of river, lots of good chub in the BAA stretch and silver fish. the odd barbel if you fish the right area.
Right now I would use casters and maggot, if you want chub use mashed bread and flake. If it goes up and gets coloured get some garlic meat out. And dont forget the margins, the banks can be undercut so keep a rod tight in and hang on!!

Hope this helps,

Avvy

Thanks, that's encouraging. It's such a tiny river, but you never know what's lurking in there. It's closeish to my work so I might find myself having a dabble a couple of evenings soon. My brother was besotted with the place when we left so I've a feeling he'll be down there this week. If he pullls anything out I'll post you some pics!

Back