• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River Eels in the closed season

Jeff Collins

No Longer a Member
Has anyone ever taken advantage of the byelaw for fishing eels in the closed season? I want a chance at a big river eel off the Severn. My pb is a measly 4lbs 2oz and thought I may Try for a better anguilla.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-203737_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-203737_Drive.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 387
First of all. 4.2 is a very good eel( like catching a big 20lb carp) Jeff. But you really want a big eel fish a Stillwater.. People who say they are fishing for eels during close season on river are really fishing for anything but eels.

First of all. 4.2 is a very good eel( like catching a big 20lb carp) Jeff. But you really want a big eel fish a Stillwater.. People who say they are fishing for eels during close season on river are really fishing for anything but eels.

I disagree Dean....if I was to do it I'd be only out for eels. I can't really claim the eel as a fish by design as it took a deadbait for a pike on the Trent but hey ho. I agree with the larger eels coming from Stillwaters.

Back