• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rig Wallet

Richard Parsons

Hi - just wondering if anyone could recommend a wallet for storing hooklengths? I'm not too worried about price, however size is the issue; the smaller the better.

Thanks in advance.

i use pipe lagging 4ft lengths and fits in to my holdall nice, might help richard

Many thanks, gents, for your suggestions.

Justin - just looking to store braid and coated braid hook lengths, not a stiff rig type wallet.

for my braid rigs I use a gardner rig bin in both mini and standard sizes. To increase the capacity of these bins I hook the hook length loop over the previous hook bend and wind another rig on. By doing this I can triple the capacity and keep various different rigs stored.

I used to tie up quite a few rigs prior to fishing, all wound neatly and placed in poly bags with a ziplock fastening,but eventually discovered that to cover all eventualities I needed more than I had at any given time, so I just gave up, and now generally make them up at the riverside, only taking a couple to start the session off.
That way I only need a selection of hooks, a spool of Flouro and a pair of line snippers. Dont use rig winders, bins, wallets etc at all, No Need. I realize that everybody has their own way of doing things, no right or wrong way.

Dave.

Hi Richard
Have you had a look at the matchmens hook wallets single or double, not much bigger than a tobacco pouch, about 12 pockets more in the double. folds nice and flat.
steve

Thanks again for your tips.

Dave - I haven't used one up to now, and may well come to the same conclusion as your good self. :)

Back