• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

reels you won't see in UK shops

It is a version of the D with the Ci4 polymer body instead of XT-7 graphite polymer. IIRC there may be the odd bearing extra too.
I have a couple of reels made from the stupidly light Ci4. I suspect that some would complain that they feel unsubstantial. Already having the Ds, I'm not sure that I'd be too keen to pay the fairly hefty premium for the Thunnus.

Chris....
living in Yorkshire I am not surprised you wouldnt part with the cash....LOL

Whilst I have lived in Yorkshire for many years, I wouldn't be so presumptuous to claim to be a Yorkshireman.

The comment wasn't about the money, I'm perfectly happy to spend when it's for any benefit. I did look t the prospect of getting a pair of Thunnus imported. I just couldn't see any benefit in the Thunnus over the D when the difference was mainly a bit of weight saved due to the Ci4 material. The weight saving might make sense on a wand of a match rod or a short spinning rod. However, on a barbel rod, I can't see it doing anything other than make it nose heavy.

Got a 'few' CI4 reels - TriDrags and Rareniums and they are lighter in weight.
However, comparing the 4000D with the Thunnus CI4 4000 weightwise there is only 15g in it - Thunnus 13.1oz (370g) and 4000D 13.5oz (385g). Thunnus has more bearings.
As I have 3 4000D's and 6 spare spools don't think I'll be rushing to change.
Cheers
Bob

the CI4 stradic looks nice, it's hard to tell what size they come up on the computer.

Back