• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel Pouches

R

Robert Woods

I'm after some padded reel pouches for my two 10000XTE Shimano baitrunners left on rods. I do have some Double T small one so wouldn't mind some of the larger ones...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Robert,
i have just bought some Nash on the rod pouches in neoprene with a ventilation system, they make them in a couple of sizes, i think they are great.
Shimano also make them, but i found them very large, try shopping around there are lots available.
Brian.

Thanks for quick replys. Have found some Tribal Extreme ones from England Angling. Andy, I wanted pouched to wrap round rods as well as reels.

Unfortunately Chub stopped my account when they were bought up by Hardy/Greys. Something to do with not dealing with internet only businesses. Many other companies have this policy too (Wychwood are the same), which is frustrating and very short sighted in my opinion. The internet is here to stay...I make it a policy not to buy my personal tackle from the ego companies :D There are so many other companies producing great tackle that it's less of an issue for the BFW Shop these days.

I'll have a look to see if any of my current or potential suppliers do the reel pouches...

Regards,

Andy F

Many other companies have this policy too (Wychwood are the same), which is frustrating and very short sighted in my opinion.

I agree Andy - perhaps such companies are worried that internet only shops, without the overheads of the shops on the street, are liable to overly heavy discounting that devalues their products? I'm lead to believe some companies adopt a pricing policy which will see the account stopped if new products are sold below their SRP.

The great thing about internet shops, especially ones that serve a particular corner of the market like BFW, is that they can stock products that you can't always find in the local shops - but would proove great sellers when put to the nations barbel anglers. I'm thinking along the lines of the Gardner Covert Wide Gape Talon Tip Hooks! ( cough, hint! ) :)

Back