• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Reel cases?

Chris Jones

I suspect that a barbel forum may not be the best place to ask but here goes nothing. Can anyone recommend a decent reel case. It's for general float/feeder reels in the 3000 and 4000 sizes. I'm thinking of one of the semi rigid types and would like some kind of spool containment so that the spares don't have to rattle around with the reel. Anyone seen anything?

Thanks in advance.:)

I haven't seen anything that has a spool containment within its design

After a good rake round the www I reckon this might be the one I'll go for unless someone comes up with an alternative.

Take the reel and spare spool down to your local stockist to find out which size [small, medium, large] will suit.

If I could find anything I fancied in any of my local tackle shops I probably wouldn't be asking here!;)

Fox evolution reel cases, come with a foam inside that can be cut in order to fit things.

Did see that on my rake round but wasn't convinced that I'll get a reel and two spools in. Not interested in having a separate spool tube to go with them. If you know better, I'm listening. They'll certainly offer greater protection than anything else I've seen.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Well buy all three sizes of the choice you feel that suits your needs, I'm sure there would be one that fits.:rolleyes:

Why the sarky :rolleyes:? Size isn't the particular issue, I'd not be too fussed if something was a little oversized. More about getting a case with separate internal spool storage. I'm definitely not going to throw money away buying stuff totally blind though. I'd love it if my local stockists had everything I ever fancied a look at. Unfortunately, that's never going to happen. You can look all you like on line and sometimes still have no real clue what features some kit has, hence the question.

I have the cases as they came with the Cardinal reels (Epix 40 sequivalents). Epix 40s and 50's fit I dont have any Shimanos to try.

Back