• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Redmire

Garry Lee

Hi all, am lucky enough to be visiting this iconic lake this week :D, any tips or advice greatly appreciated,

Don't use maggots or worms there are myriads of eels in there . Other than that just soak up the atmosphere, it is a special place , watch out for the rats at night they are brazen and will eat anything that's not securely put away .I am not a carp angler but all the standard methods will work . I caught 1 carp in two weekend sessions the fish came within 5 minutes of casting in [ sweetcorn ] on my first visit .Take some beer for Les the bailliff and I am sure he will put you right re tactics

Thanks guys, never dreamt that I'd even visit the lake, let alone fish it! Hopefully get some decent pictures to share.

I fished it for the first time last month. Awesome place.

Enjoy! :):):):)

Well, my trip ended yesterday, what a place! I wasn't fortunate enough to catch, but saw a number of the fabled residents. The feeling of standing in some of the swims thinking of the names that had done exactly the same thing over the years. Hopefully I'll get another chance next year.

Back