• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Redhill Surrey , Salfords Stream

Hi , My family and I own a farm in Redhill , Surrey which has a stream running at the bottom of it and i have fished it for many years and had a number of fish from it from Carp , Tench , Dace , Chub , Gudgeon but only ever one tiny barbel ive followed the stream on Google Earth and it connects to the River Mole further down stream.
I was wondering if anyone had ever fished this or had any infomation on it as im struggling to find anything other then Flood Reports and want to know wether it was worth approaching this more seriously for the Big Barbel?

Thanks Ant

Hi Antony
Used to fish the Salfords Stream as a boy and caught nothing but perch, bullheads and stone loach at the Lonesome Lane bridge.
I drive across it most days on the way to work and boy does it flood!
A good mate of mine used to live in the lane and often walked across the fields to fish the stream near it's confluence with he Mole at Sidlow. He told me that his biggest barbel from there was about the 7 lb mark.
As I live within spitting distance of the Mole at Sidlow, I joined the loal club and gave it a few seasons but was constantly pestered with carp.
I think that the barbel are thinner on the ground there than the downstream stretches below Betchworth and Brockham, which I have fished for many years.
The stream does not look like big barbel habitat to me but you never know.
Send me a pm if you get a result,...then if you see a bivvy or two out of the window you know it's only me and 5 or 6 mates !!;):D:D

Hi Dave ,

Our farm is on Honeycrock Lane , and the stretch im on is very deep around about 5-6ft thats without the floods , over the recent years ive had nothing but Chub and CRAYFISH !!!! its been about 3yrs since i had a Carp or any other species , im looking to buy a underwater camera and film to see what species are in there and if there just being to elusive for me !
when we first got down there you would see around 15/18 carp basking on the top all around 4-6lb but over the years they seem to have moved or just submerged because they have become wise.

I will PM you regardless of watch i catch just to keep you up to date with the stream you once fished as a kid !

all the best

Ant

Back