• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Red Sun

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Really eerie here with the red sun and pink sky.

Like end of the World. Have a look if you are indoors at the moment and affected.

Very red sun here on Wirral, wind picking up, I'm so looking forward to being in the Irish Sea after midnight!

Graham my mother messaged me earlier from Hampshire to say the same: the sun had a bright orange halo! Probably due to sand from the Sahara. It then cleared and she used exactly the same phrase as you to describe it. Its dull and misty here in Leeds.

It did look pretty cool, screamed fish all mild, it looked like 4.30am on a summers day. Weird. It's now passed and the suns out with some string winds coming.

Hi men,

You cant beat the skys over our country, for ever changing , sunrise/sets are awesome, and anglers get to see the best of it.

Hatter

It's just gone 3pm and it's come over quite eerily dark here. Can't see the sun now but the whole cloud covered sky is orange. I just went out to see if it was worth a photo, and it's very warm.

The wind has whipped up too.

Down here on the Sussex coast we had a dark orangey sky then it went totally dark at 2 pm. This morning the cars all have a light covering of sand. Been informed it had blown in from the Sahara. Thought the end was near.:(

Back