• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Record Crucian...........

T

Tom Herbert

I hear the Crucian record could well have gone (subject to a scales check).

Caught by a jolly decent chap too.:):)

It's been very much "quality not quantity" there this season, however the circus has left town now and normal service has been restored :).

According to the AT there are currently TWO claims being submitted. One is definitely from Marsh Farm and the other from from an un-named water although rumours (and there are always rumours) suggest that it is also from MF and could even be the same fish.
Whatever the truth the photo in the press is of a huge beast.

Are there any other waters left with any true crucians in?! More than likely the same place.
Certainly up this way there's nothing, or anywhere north for that matter.

No records for me today but pleased to get 6 nice crucians in a short morning session with 3 over 2lbs, all on float fished scopex expander pellets.

Are there any other waters left with any true crucians in?! More than likely the same place.
Certainly up this way there's nothing, or anywhere north for that matter.

There are plenty of waters with true Crucians but only a couple are recognised as having them so you could catch a record true Crucain from a water but it either would not be recognised as the record or you would have to get dna testing done on the fish i believe.

Back