• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

RDAA River Kennet

Martin Osmond

Senior Member & Supporter
I'd like to give the Kennet a go for the upcoming season.

I'm well aware it's a tricky river but that's why I want to fish it, one of my best ever seasons fishing for carp I had 2 in about 50 nights but they were both special and meant more to me BECAUSE of all the blanks so it's not that I don't mind a challenge, it's what I look for.

Anyway, I take it I'm right to assume the RDAA ticket is the ticket to get?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Martin,

Depends which part of the kennet you want to fish 😃

RDAA does cover a long stretch of it, from padworth, through theale and burghfield and downstream through rose kiln lane.

I fish the Kennet also, it is tough but once you know you know if you catch my drift.

There have been some giants out this year and the whole of this past season has fished really well.

I am also on the AA syndicate ticket which is a mile stretch behind the canal at burghfield. That's another for you to consider, but it is not a difficult part of the river if you're after the opposite.

I would definitely advise to get an RDAA ticket, it has ALOT of water included on it.

Tight lines mate!

Hi Martin,

Depends which part of the kennet you want to fish 😃

RDAA does cover a long stretch of it, from padworth, through theale and burghfield and downstream through rose kiln lane.

I fish the Kennet also, it is tough but once you know you know if you catch my drift.

There have been some giants out this year and the whole of this past season has fished really well.

I am also on the AA syndicate ticket which is a mile stretch behind the canal at burghfield. That's another for you to consider, but it is not a difficult part of the river if you're after the opposite.

I would definitely advise to get an RDAA ticket, it has ALOT of water included on it.

Tight lines mate!

Cheers mate, appreciate the response.

I actually enquired about a ticket for the AA Syndicate this morning as I stumbled across it whilst searching old posts on here.

What's it like on there mate, is it fairly quiet being a syndicate? Friends of mine fished Burghfield years ago and I remember thinking it was a lovely stretch of river.

Cheers mate, it said on their website there was a few tickets available for the coming season but I don't know how up to date it is, I enquired as thought why not.

I don't think you'll find the RDAA sections that busy and a lot of water to go at.
Some very nice parts as well.

The rdaa ticket is great value Martin.
You've got the option of the night permit as well.Some very good sections of the Thames to go at,Wallingford B being a favourite.
The Kennet fished quite well for Barbel last season.

Last edited:
Thanks all, might be me being a bit dumb but not sure the information on their website is the clearest, in terms of new membership.

Is there a limit to numbers on whichever ticket gives me access to all the rivers and allows me to fish nights?

Cheers
Martin

Thanks all, might be me being a bit dumb but not sure the information on their website is the clearest, in terms of new membership.

Is there a limit to numbers on whichever ticket gives me access to all the rivers and allows me to fish nights?

Cheers
Martin
I bought one last season including nights after June 16th. It’s only the serious carp/tench tickets that sell out early.

Back