• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ray Walton rolling pin

John Smith 2

Hi, anyone thinking of maybe selling one of the above? Must be in excellent condition and with documentation.
Thanks

Hi, anyone thinking of maybe selling one of the above? Must be in excellent condition and with documentation.
Thanks
Keep an eye on the JW Young website.

I bought one on Boxing Day ‘23 as they had 20% off (£90) everything.

Last edited:
New ones are in stock at J W Young:

I asked this question once before but no one seemed to know so I’ll ask again in case there are new watchers. Did they fix the issue with the mark Is, whereby it had a tendency to wobble under pressure when playing a fish, when they bought out the mark II ?

Both my MK 1 and MK11 wobbled but much improved on MK11
Speaking with Garry mills he says a lot of the problems were caused by owners forgetting to press release button and being heavy handed breaking / bending the pin inside
I even thought of getting garry to lock it straight as I loved the size
I’ve now sold both sets of MK1=11s but have got the light weight ones but yet to use them in anger

I asked this question once before but no one seemed to know so I’ll ask again in case there are new watchers. Did they fix the issue with the mark Is, whereby it had a tendency to wobble under pressure when playing a fish, when they bought out the mark II ?
I have the MK2 not the lightweights and they do wobble if under extreme pressure on a 12ft Torrix 2.25 tc rod and heavy line. But they are fine on my 1.75 tc rods Avon rods.

I sent one with a wobble back two seasons ago to Youngs and haven’t had any issues since.

Back