• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Quick Question re EA

Daniel Bosiacki

Just for the purposes of a uni project.

Do the EA qualify as a Not-for Profit organisation or are they classed as a government department?

Cheers

the EA qualify are classed as a government department

Not a Qango, as by definition a Quango are None Governmental (Quasi Autonomous None Governemental Organisation). The EA are directly acounatable to the Department of Environment and Rural Affairs, set up under statute. They have legal powers. They are funded in the main by direct taxation, with contributions from the water companies and the anglers license fees. They are a statutory body like a Health Trust or any other government body are can in no way be seen as Qausi-autonomous (although they may like to think of themselves as such.

Your quite right Pete.

You would have thought I would know that as I used to work for them. I did, but had a brain malfunction.

It's a funny thing this one......I only wish it was

The EA, as the norm anglers even those that say they know a bit say they rip us off with licence fees and do bugger all for us and let those EE's eat all our fishes........yep maybe a tiny little bit of truth in it.....

BUT.....quango, It's not and makes me laff

Area where I live the EA must wonder why they bother looking after our interests. Apathy aint the word, it's simple and that's the way it is...here we're getting what we deserve for our lack of effort with engaging with them over the last x amount of years.

One good thing about it is....In Oxford the rivers aint pressurised

Cheers
Jason

It's a funny thing this one......I only wish it was

One good thing about it is....In Oxford the rivers aint pressurised

Cheers
Jason

Not pressured by anglers would be a more accurate statement. Because there are more than enough other pressures....
and if I stick to rivers only next season I won't be wasting my money on a rod licence....

Back