• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Questions for Baitrunner D owners

Chris Jones

What do you make of the X000Ds? Are they worth the extra cash over the more usual suspects? Are the 4000s big enough to compare favourably with the normal baitrunner 5000 size?

Chris,
I have only used the 12000 size. This was for fishing overseas and have to say that it was absolutely superb - i was sent one to review but would happily pay for a second one and am looking at buying a pair of the 6000 size for my barbel/tench/bream/zander fishing.
The clutch was fantastic and having now had a play with a friend's Shimano Stella (which retail around £650 upwards) i would say that the D is as close as you are going to get to it without spending silly money.
I know people who have the old 6500 Baitrunners (the predecessor to the D) and they are still going strong after 15 years or more of use, so hopefully this new model will be as good.
The line lay is also very good (i have 75 kg braid on mine and that still winds on evenly), which was one of the main problems with the old model.

Hope that helps,
Gary

I have a pair, but sadly have only seen a few chub so far. However, the engineering and build quality, coupled with a sealed drag and built for salt water use. Was enough for me. Just need a few barbel now....

Back