• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Protective rod cases

John Care

Evening chaps,

I'll be upgrading my rods to Freespirits next month(lucky me). I'm currently using a Korum three rod quiver for my current rods, which obviously doesnt offer 100% protection.

So, what the best rod holdall that offers full protection? It would need to also house rod rest, landing net handles, and a brolly on wet days, as well as a couple of made up rods complete with 6000 size reels.

JC

Five rods John? Why do you want to carry that many out of interest?

Ive had a korum 2 rod total protection for years and it's been no problem. it ticks all the box's for you.
If it's the original one, like the one I've had for about 12 years imo it was the best one that they don't make anymore, I think there's been a few versions and the latest one isn't total hardwall construction.You can still pick up the originals secondhand.

I still use my korum quiver for my rods. Trying to make my tackle lighter for the walks

I use a couple of Cypry single rod sleeves for made up rods,they fully enclose a single rod with reel mounted , they strap to the side of my quiver, and the rest, brolly, river tripod, net handle and bits just slide in the quiver.
TBH I have had my gear for many years, and it works so well that I have had no reason to change it.
I am not even sure that the Cypry are available any more .

Avid, JRC,Nash etc etc all do similar items.

David.

I recently bought the 2 rod korum 2 rod total protection and its got hard tubes built in giving super protection my Korum river pod, landing net, banksticks etc all go in its brilliant highly recommended

((they only discontinued the 3 rod version ))

I recently bought the 2 rod korum 2 rod total protection and its got hard tubes built in giving super protection my Korum river pod, landing net, banksticks etc all go in its brilliant highly recommended

((they only discontinued the 3 rod version ))

on the old one I have you can attach a brolly onto the zip area, is that the same on the new ones?

on the old one I have you can attach a brolly onto the zip area, is that the same on the new ones?

yes I put my river pod in that bit its not a new one but same as yours ? :)

and bit of info I just found out the ONLY TOTAL protection holdall they are now doing is

a NEW 3 rod version so pleased I got one of the 2 rod ones there are still a few shops with them in stock though

Back