• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Prologic Black Quick Release Connector

Gerry Giles

Senior Member & Supporter
I was using the Korum quick release connector on my landing net and landed some good fish and was really happy
but on my last outing I had just returned my rested fish when I slipped on the steep bank and fell over next thing I noticed was the quick release had snapped off
so I wonder if anyone has USED the stronger looking Prologic Black Quick Release Connector ??

I did use the medium size ones years ago on my shelter storm poles and have only just read they do a LARGE version my local tackle shop does not have them so it would be a mail order job
hence my post
thanks for any help

Hi Gerry
I have used the large ones on my storm poles for a few years now with no problems, i have never used them on my landing net so can't say if they would be strong enough.

They look good guys, but if you were about to slide your net under a very big barbel would you be confident it wouldn't part company?

I'm not knocking it but after having several landing net issues this season (now sorted) I'd be wary of anything "quick release"

As stated im my original post I have been using the Korum one all season
when I purchased it one of the first tests was to get my pal holding the handle and me holding the net then we tried to pull it apart it was NOT POSSIBLE !

however if of you you attempted to lift a fish up in the net it would probably break........... anyway I posted this in a few places to get as much feedback as possible and got some excellent reviews so I have splashed the cash and have the Large Prologic on order
thanks for replies folks

Sorry Gerry, story of my life, I didn’t read your thread thoroughly. Just picked up on the Prologic bit!!

They look good guys, but if you were about to slide your net under a very big barbel would you be confident it wouldn't part company?

I'm not knocking it but after having several landing net issues this season (now sorted) I'd be wary of anything "quick release"

Paul, ive seen your new net, you must have arms like popeye, its made out off scaffolding tubes :D:p:D

My korum one broke after not much use.
Mine too,the cam part cracked which allowed the landing net to slide off into the river,I then realised why it was called a quick release adapter.:(
I returned it and bought the pro logic job which is a far better design and has performed well this season.

I used to use the korum one as well until my net came out without the quick release being released. Luckily I managed to grab the net and fish before it floated off. Wouldn’t trust any of them after that. I only used it for about 3 months

Back