• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Problem with Baitrunner Lever on Okuma Epix Pro 40

Neil Kirk

I have an old pair of these reels which have suited me fine for the limited occasions which I use them.

On one the baitrunner lever was not working - so opened both of them and checked the mechanism is OK which it is but when I put them back together the Baitrunner Levers are 'slipping' and not operating the mechanism.

The design of these are, in my view, poorly designed in their ability or not to grip and turn the pin attached to the lever.

Anyone got any tips for fixing this problem or should I just bin them and move on?

You most likely have but. Have you tried different drag settings..I found on some that I had a few years back that if the bait runner drag was set to light they didn't engage properly.

I had that problem on mine years ago. I found that the soft plastic had gave way I think I was heavy handed. It was a shame as they are great reels, I went back to using my GTM's.

I'm watching this thread with interest. I have one that's hit and miss on whether the bait runner works or not. It would be great to hear if there is an easy fix.

Back