• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Precision Angling - Poncho - by Steve Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Williams

With the British weather being as unpredictable as it is, there is nothing worse for the angler that likes to travel light, than to get caught out in a downpour.
Whether its Summer, Autumn or Winter, there is nothing more likely to cut a session short, than a good old soaking.

As an angler that likes to travel light, its very rare for me to carry an umbrella.
I've tried all manor of rain coats, but I have to say that now I rarely leave home without my Precision Poncho.

The Stalker Smock from Precision Angling is 100% waterproof and a one size fits all.
It is made from strong 0.15mm PVC, and is also supplied with a carry bag to store the poncho in. The carry bag measures a generous 9 inch x 6 inch and is easily big enough to be able to tuck your poncho away neatly until needed.
The whole lot only weighs about 13oz!

reviews-albums-review-photos-picture3205-11b9d2c0.jpg

Mine is Olive green, but it also comes in Realtree for those that like the slightly more camouflaged look.

One of the great things about this Poncho is that its big enough to cover a bag and chair to help keep everything dry.
I've even managed to tie rigs and PVA bags under it whilst sat out in a heavy downpour.

The only downside I've found to the poncho is that fact that in the Summer there is a tendency to sweat a little when under it, but I feel that's a small price to pay if your caught out in a downpour and want to continue fishing.

The Olive Green Poncho retails at £12.99 and is available from the BFW shop.
Barbel Fishing World Online Shop

reviews-albums-review-photos-picture3206-olive-green-smock.jpg

Steve Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back