• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Posting a Rod

Neil Kirk

Just tried to book postage for a rod via UPS Today who I have been using for some years but it seems they have reduced their maximum parcel length and will not accept a 6ft long tube anymore.

Any advice on other couriers?

Neil

For Small parcels, hermes came across as the cheapest, although not the quickest, est delivery 2 - 4 days. For rods 6' +, UPS and TNT both wanted just short of £25. I had to post 2 of these, but both were next day tracked delivery.

Hi Derek

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately neither UPS nor TNT would accept a parcel longer than 140cm when I tried to get a price today.

Neil

Hi Derek

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately neither UPS nor TNT would accept a parcel longer than 140cm when I tried to get a price today.

Neil

Hi Neil, use the link above, put in your measurements, and you will get a quote, and who the courier will be. Good Luck.

Just tried it, pretended i wanted to send a rod 180cm long, it quoted me £17 plus vat, The courier would have been UPS. :oops:

Last edited:
Iv booked TNT a few times using interparcel. Had the rod collected from me the same day and delivered to the customer the next day for around £20-£25 depending on the value. 👍

Neil
I asked this question on the forum a few months ago and though I tried some of the suggested couriers I didn't find one that would take the length unless it was an extortionate price.
The websites that find a courier for you were mostly useless. For a rod tube 1.75 metres long some suggested Hermes which actually only takes items up to 1.2 metres and they also suggested other couriers who again won't take the length.
However I did actually call UPS a couple of days ago and though I found the man at the call hard to understand he told me the price would be about £18. I cannot remember the exact quote.
Hopefully that is about right as I am selling a salmon rod on ebay at the moment and am quoting £18 for postage so I won't find out if UPS will take it until the auction finishes next weekend and I try to post it.
Mike

I posted my rod and booked it direct via UPS for £22.47 for a 1.9 metre heavy duty cardboard carpet tube.

I found that UPS Today ( via Parcel2Go) who I have happily used for some years will no longer accept parcels longer than 1.4m.

Interparcel offered postage via UPS or Tuffnells for a similar price to what I paid but their reviews are truly terrible so I decided to avoid them.

Neil

UPS for longer rods although price hike a while back, royal mail for slightly shorter rods and hermes for mini me rods .

Back