• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Please Sign This

ian what are theygoing to do with these pike, are they going to relocate them to a
water for pike only,?????? eddie

Signed Ian,

Utterly appalling :mad:

Last edited:
Why do these people not learn? I have lost count of the number of times I have heard of the same thing being done.

The matchmen call for a pike cull, and the governing body complies. As many pike as possible are removed, which invariably includes most of the larger ones.

You then get a proliferation of small pike when the survivors breed, because the cannibalistic large pike are no longer there in any numbers to control them naturally.

The end result? More pike than you started with :rolleyes:...works every time.

Both petitions signed.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Oxford canal already nearly de-stocked of carp, now residents of Clattercote or Boddington reservoirs, all to feed the greed of soon to be a charitable trust British Waterways.:(:mad:

Sorry Ian, not trying to hijack your thread but here's a petition to save the carp:
http://www.petition.co.uk/to-stop-the-de-stocking-of-carp-in-uk-canals-
they won't do that at marsworth, the tring anglers would leave in loads.
and if you want match fishing back, get rid of the stupid cormorants.
don't understand the carp bit, i thought that's what matchmen want now catching bloated farm mud pigs.

Last edited:
HEADS UP

I signed both of these, and thought that was that. However, when I did a quick scan of my SPAM folder tonight, I found there were replies from both sites that my spam filter had dumped in there.

It would appear that you have to verify your signature by clicking on a link in the reply (or in the case of AOL users, cut and paste the link :rolleyes:)

If anyone has not verified, I suggest you check your spam folder...otherwise you have wasted your vote :(

Cheers, Dave.

HEADS UP

I signed both of these, and thought that was that. However, when I did a quick scan of my SPAM folder tonight, I found there were replies from both sites that my spam filter had dumped in there.

It would appear that you have to verify your signature by clicking on a link in the reply (or in the case of AOL users, cut and paste the link :rolleyes:)

If anyone has not verified, I suggest you check your spam folder...otherwise you have wasted your vote :(

Cheers, Dave.

i have an aol email address but have it all forwarded to a gmail account (university email account is gmail) and so much stuff gets caught up in the aol spam filter that should never be. And because i have it all forwarded i miss a lot of stuff until i directly check my aol account which isn't all that often !

I've signed the pike one, which is rubbish fishery management born out of blinkered ignorance.

However, popular as they may be, I don't hold with the proliferation of carp throughout our rivers and canals and would happily see the end of them. As global warming continues, leading to warmer temps, this will allow carp to breed with increasing success. As such it has been suggested by environmental scientist Prof Brian Moss that their proliferation may well escalate and have significantly impact on other species in much the same way that they have in Australia. Food for thought that!

Remove all carp and reintroduce crucians is my motto!

Back