• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Peregrine No 4.

Alec Hague

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi Guys, not likely to be of interest to many but just thought I would share with you the rod I received from Roger yesterday! My fourth peregrine. It is an 8.6 No 5 fly rod, built on a beautiful midnight blue Harrison blank, with titanium rings and a Pacbay reel seat. Even has dotted sections to aid line up but whether this is usual on fly rods, I have no idea. This is truly unique and unrepeatable. Sadly I am no photographer but hopefully you will get some idea from the inserts. Only certain thing I can say is that I will not put a reel on it! In a display cabinet perhaps!

Attachments

• fly 1.jpg
    fly 1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 129
  • fly 2.jpg
    fly 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 118
  • fly 6.jpg
    fly 6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 123
  • fly 4.jpg
    fly 4.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 120
  • fly 5.jpg
    fly 5.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 131
Alec, I have two Peregrine rods and they are not made to spend their lives in a display cabinet! Get a reel on it and enjoy it.... because if you don't, somebody else eventually will.

That's very true. Just brought down the 3 I use often for today's trip off in half an hour. But the 4th is a fly rod and at 78 don't believe I have the coordination left now to learn . But I could be pursuaded! Ha.

Alec, I have two Peregrine rods and they are not made to spend their lives in a display cabinet! Get a reel on it and enjoy it.... because if you don't, somebody else eventually will.
Ps it's on eBay now as like you think someone should have the pleasure of using it.

Back