• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pellet Quality

I also use an Archimedes drill and have done for years! Small drill,small bit, no splitting (and I drill pellets as small as 3-4mm) and no batteries required!!
Available from Hobby Craft for about £6!

I agree with Julian Peacock.
Use a grinner knot to make a lassoo, insert pellet, tighten up the noose, select the required hair length, tie hook on with knotless knot, job done.
Just open up the loop and insert new pellet when required and tighten up.
Can't understand the need to mess about with drills, glue, bands, hair stops etc.etc.

Ade, it seems Dave G. can't be trusted with super glue either.:D

That's all right Colin, I will get the adult helper Ade seems to be recommending to help me with that as well. On second thoughts, if it's the same one he gets to write his posts for him, I think I will give it a miss :D

Cheers, Dave.

Colin, please excuse me for questioning your method (which i have read about in mags) but do you really tie a knotless knot every time you cast?? If knot (scuse pun) what do you do each time you recast? I struggle to see how you keep a reasonable hairlength with what is essentially a slip knot??

Hello Keith,
Probably me not explaining it very well.

Cut your hook link to the required length, I use braid and mono, tie a 4 turn grinner on one end, take a pellet of the size you are going to use, and insert it in to the grinner loop, pull the loop tight trapping the pellet in the noose. With the pellet still in the noose slide your hook down the hook link towards the pellet, at some point above the pellet you will achieve the required length of the hair, you then fix the hook with a knot less knot. You now have a pellet on the correct hair length, and the hook is fixed in position as with any conventional rig. When you need to replace the pellet I put my thumb nail behind the knot of the grinner loop and open it slightly drop out the old pellet, insert a new one, tighten up the loop , and ready to cast again. Once the hook has been tied it stays where it is fixed, and your hair is the same length all the time you use the same size pellet.
Hope that helps.
ATB
Colin

Hi all,
Ha ha, it seems this thread has caused some amusement. I also lasso my pellets to my rig a good mate showed me how to make the perfect size loop and apart from when I hair rig meat I haven't turned back to my old rig.
Rich

Try CC Moores pre drilled pellet's rich they are Spot On mate.

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,
Can you get them in bait shops or are they a online only brand.

Rich

Back