• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

pallatrax baits

David Pearce

has anyone used any of the pallatrax range of baits and. have you had any success on them.
i have just ordered some elixer 6 whisker sticks and sum crave boilies to try on thye warks avon.

I have the elixer 6 sticks and some of the new cheese feast sticks but to be fair i have only played at it with them so no fair test has been given as yet regarding the barbel, had some good chub on the cheese feasts.

Pm Patrick leigh on here. He'll put you right mate ;-)

Don't buy too many of the sticks at a time, i found they dried out and became crumbly a few days after opening the packet. Didn't give them a fair test for the barbel, but they worked quite well at a carp lake. Much more user friendly when there fresh. Try and get something air tight to store them in once opened.

Hi Dave, You should have a reply to your PM waiting for you.

Yes, the whisker sticks freezer baits can 'dry-up' (like a lot of freezer baits) a bit but that is due to the make-up of the bait and one of the reasons they are good to use, a bit like pellets. Because of the loose way in which they are extruded you can be:

confident of feeding them knowing that they have a quickish breakdown which can help get 'signals' and small bits of bait flowing through the water attracting fish to your baited area

you won't leave a swim with piles of 18mm boilies festering on the bottom hampering your own or others chances as just about everything will be attacking the stick from gudgeon to roach etc and the quickish breakdown means they'll all be gone pretty damn quick

when the fish arrive in your swim the good mouthful left for them is your hookbait (use a Shelflife piece of stick on the hair) wrapped in a piece of matching paste.

The shelflife sticks are much harder, like most shelflife baits, and are always my choice of hook/hair bait unless I'm sight fishing when I prefer a freezer bait for quick in'n'outs in a swim.

No worries re-freezing them after each trip either.. I do it all the while and it has no effect as far as I'm concerned.

Back