• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

painsmore cottage

Hi Neil

thought you reply was very informative :)

I am booked in very soon for a week :D

I didnt mind sharring the link as its lite the TT booked solid for the next 10 years :p

I cant find any info on the fishing fot the cottage rights ?

cheers John

Hi Neil

thought you reply was very informative :)

I am booked in very soon for a week :D

I didnt mind sharring the link as its lite the TT booked solid for the next 10 years :p

I cant find any info on the fishing fot the cottage rights ?

cheers John

I noticed that John, but it does seem limited with only space for four...but if you need to stretch your legs you have some great venues on the middle to go at, you could get a BAA card that would be good value with so much water to go at,including the Teme that is nearby, please PM me if I can help more.

Last edited:
John, If it's where i think it is , either side of the cottage is the Kidderminster waters,Dowles downstream and Hawksbatch upstream. Day tickets from Stan Lewis shop in Bewdley i think.

that would defeat the object as it has about a mile of its own fishing with the booking and there is only me and the misses :D

thanks for the info, :)

John ,sorry i got it wrong , i thought there was only enough space for 4 anglers. Like i said the Kidderminster have the fishing rights all along that bank so you've probably got access to there water by booking the cottage.The stretch infront of the cottage is slower and deeper than the rest of the stretch but a small walk upstream into the next field and you will find compleatly different water ,much shallower and faster.Plenty of fish around there.
Have a good holiday mate.

Thanks Graham.

would you not prefer the deeper slower stretch? ;)

Lets hope for some nice photos :)

sorry lost me? :confused:

IT!! Will be worth it, I know I am confusing at times but surely not that much?:rolleyes:

Anyway you and the missus have a good time, and don't forget the blow by blow account, we have done as much as we possibly can to make your visit worthwhile, just hope the B&B is as thoughtful:)

Heil,
i am sure we will love it,
Just telephoned the owner just incase we need a licence for the nest stretch of the river. He said most people stay on our stretch.
I asked how much bank I will have to fish he said about 1/2 a mile :D well pleased.

Heil,
i am sure we will love it,
Just telephoned the owner just incase we need a licence for the nest stretch of the river. He said most people stay on our stretch.
I asked how much bank I will have to fish he said about 1/2 a mile :D well pleased.

Well that's sorted, the Severn does have some( like any other river) better holding spots than others, as I am sure you appreciate, and if your private stretch doesn't provide the necessary, as previously mentioned you have a lot of top class day ticket water to go at which is extensive.

Once again,

Bon Voyage!

Just found out you get 4 miles of the river :) All of the KDAA stretch. :)

spoke to Bewdley Tackle shop. They were really helpful and open fantastic times for the angler 10/10 :)

Back