• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Owner C-6BL Hooks ( size 10 )

Graham Tremble

Hi Guys,
Just started using these hooks that I bought on-line from bfw. Had one straighten on me yesterday after (what I would describe ) as only putting ' moderate' pressure on the tackle when I was snagged. Not complaining as I might just have been unlucky.... but I have binned the rest just to be sure,
Regards,
Graham.

Hi Graham,
That's bad luck as Owner hooks are quite highly rated.Have you tried the C-3(Tsuyoshi) by Owner,as recommended by Steve Stayner(Barbel Obsession).I've never had a problem with these and they give perfect presentation when hair rigging.Drennan Boilie Hooks are another good option.
Regards
Pete.

Stopped using Iseama's some time ago but never had one do that unless really snagged
Prefer either AYA (C-4) or the Tsuyoshi (C-3)

Quite The opposite for me I have been using Ownwer C6BL sizes 8, 9&10’s for a number of years without a problem!
I wonder if it’s a bad batch? As I still have quite a stock left from when I purchased them last year?

Dave

The C-3's are a solid hook, though I do like the Korum S-5's and have been using these a lot recently, in size 10 form as well.

GLT Super Strong don't bend...even when you are snagged and you want them too!!!!!

I had the same problem, i.e. straightening out on moderate pressure, with some Owner SSW hooks I got in Florida. I got them specifically because they were a lighter wire which I hoped would aid presentation but binned them when I saw how weak they were.
Drennan Boilie or ESP Raptor are my preferred hooks, very strong!

I had some owner C5X hooks last season, lost 2 fish on the bounce, i was put onto ESP D7's and havent looked back yet.

Jon

Hi Steve,
Yes mate thats why I gave them a go. Will revert back to Rator T6's and Drennan Boilie hooks in size 8's. I suppose its a case if its not broken don't try to mend it.
Tight Lines,
Graham.

I lost the only barbel I've had on this season to a straightened owner isema. Won't be using them again, they're pony. Avoid.
Haydn

I was put onto ESP D7's and havent looked back yet.

Jon

Man after my own heart Jon. If any one has ever managed to straighten onw while fishing I would love to here how, marvellous hooks.

had a look at the Gapers, they looked just a tad too short in the shank but if you 've been using them and had no problems i might give 'em a go, been using atomic's claw hook, very sharp and strong too

Back