• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Other species fishing books

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I'm keen to get a few more books in the BFW Shop (other than barbel) and I wondered which I should consider for carp, pike, tench etc? I only have an account with one supplier (Crowood) at the moment but they have a fairly decent range.

The Crowood Press - Fishing

Do any of the authors know if there are there any other companies who supply to the trade?

Thanks,

Andy

Those published by Harper Books are only available directly from the publisher.

The two carp books by Simon Crow and Rob Hughes (Discover Carp Fishing and Strategic carp Fishing) are both well worth a read.

Shame you haven't got any deals with other publishers - do Medlar Press Fishing Books - Medlar Press not offer trade deals as they have an excellent range of angling books?

Dave

Hi Darren, with the first edition of the book the reproduction of the artwork was good. With the second edition the colour repro was absolute rubbish. Neither Crowood or John Bailey had the courtesy to ask me if they could use the artwork for the second edition, let alone pay me for it, and obviously neither bothered to check the printers proofs. In my opinion the attitude of both parties is totally shabby. When you have been involved in angling publications as long as I have however, you do come to expect this sort of thing, but it does my professional standing no good.

Last edited:
Back