• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Original Fox predator pike rods matching pair of

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
Bought last year as some of you know I have a matching pair of Fox predator rods. These are the incredibly rare original rods in the Kevlar range from the early 00’s.
They are So rare in fact that you’ll be lucky to see another set ever come up.

They are not the pikemasters or predator XS rods that are equally as good but more often come up for sale.
They are in very nice clean condition with both original bags

I had some changes made to them in the form of custom improvements.
I had the monogram area removed and completely rewhipped to en corporate a Delkim line clip right above the reels spool.
This now gives the facility to also use open bail arms with front swingers if you prefer which imo is the best indication for straight lead bait fishing. Better than rear drop offs imo but you now have that option to use open bail with either if you want to use it or not if you prefer to use a float.

While I had this done I also had section ID done too with gold bands.
Beautiful rods, nice examples, custom one offs, original bags, rare as hens teeth.

The action is quite through with every inch of the blank being able to bend sensationally but it’s powerful enough to whack a full herring with 3oz lead right across the river swale no problem

12ft long rated to 2.75 it’s a perfect all round bank rod. Fox don’t make em anything like this anymore and I’m only selling because I’ve got 5 pike rods already and I’m simply not using them rather storing them.

£220.00 the pair no offers collected from Cambridge or arrange your own courier at your own risk.

More pics available tomorrow
2228B9A9-EAE4-441A-83F0-3DA448571EB6.jpeg
887D7A61-F037-403F-ACE6-2A7F40248EA3.jpeg
728F9BFD-B0CE-4F33-AC58-E2BF66EAA430.jpeg

Fantastic pike rods and a complete bargain for what they are, definitely one of the best off the peg pike rods every produced.
Tempted but promised I wouldn't and like you got too many already☹️

That's a result I think Rich. Someone close has an amazing pair of rods, and if they don't get on with them you can get them back.
I would have just stared at them in admiration.

That's a result I think Rich. Someone close has an amazing pair of rods, and if they don't get on with them you can get them back.
I would have just stared at them in admiration.
Yes they are a beautiful set of blanks Paul and admiring them is pretty much all I got to do. I used them once maybe twice to try out the line clip mod and had a handful of jacks on them which was nice because at least I got to see the mod work which was excellent.
I picked up another pair of the predator xs rods which were completely unused and knowing me will probably stay that way 🤦‍♂️
I just can’t stop myself reaching for the p2’s
Dave’s just finished another rod for me 😳 a very special little rod that I designed myself specifically for trotting dead’s down the river. That will get used a lot as most of my pike including a 23 came out last year on trotted baits. My favorite way to catch them now

Interesting
I was getting to grips with BB350s before I stopped deadbaiting .some days I could cast to the horizon , other times struggled?? But didn’t have a long time to get used to them- guess it’s loading the blank?
The X1s just get better ever time I used them
I did a cheeky session on a big pit last weekend using a vaned float on a crosswind
Used a real old chimera 2.5
My absolute favourite method is pike on the float
Had a couple of low doubles and missed a few but awesome sport
Not at their heaviest but probably hardest fighting post spawn 👍

Back