• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

North Welsh coast

Steve Williams

I'm off to north wales next week and I'm after a mark where we may be able to take the lads for a few hours Mackerel fishing off the beach/rocks.

Anyone know anywhere that might be suitable around the Llandudno/Rhyl area?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

You could do far worse than have a drive over to Anglesey for an afternoon. The Breakwater at Holyhead offers easy fishing from the boot of the car or a short drive round the coast will bring you to Mackerel Rock which speaks for itself really! There are probably many more marks closer to your base which hopefully others will advise on, but if all else fails - Mackerel Rock!

Last edited:
Are there many Mackerel in the bay days? We struggled for a box of baits last year when I went Tope fishing off one of the Aber boats, we ended up using frozen.

Blahdy Flipper! He's responsible for getting a bunch of ruthless PREDATORS such a good press ... we could shoot the buggers before he stuck his pointy little nose in...

I'm starting to think this thread is a ploy for Steve to get some cheap deadbaits and nothing to do with keeping the young uns happy while on holiday . . . :D

Back