• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nightlites

Terry Harman

Senior Member & Supporter
Got fed up with the line catching over the top of the enterprise nightlights .... so got some screw in tip eyes fitted and made these out of cut down quivertips

Attachments

• 8331C832-119F-4301-97D3-3ABB5E106DAD.jpeg
    8331C832-119F-4301-97D3-3ABB5E106DAD.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 243
Nice job Terry...The Enterprise’s can be an issue. Keep us posted to how you find your adaptation. What size did you get for the tip ring out of interest?

Nice job Terry...The Enterprise’s can be an issue. Keep us posted to how you find your adaptation. What size did you get for the tip ring out of interest?
Not sure of the size bill vic Gibson built the rod ... I just asked for screw in tip ring.... I used the silicone rubber so there is movement for the line to come off if it does get hooked up

Not sure of the size bill vic Gibson built the rod ... I just asked for screw in tip ring.... I used the silicone rubber so there is movement for the line to come off if it does get hooked up
I use drennan isotopes,if you angle them left or right and slightly downwards you dont usually have a problem

Quiver tip size is a 8 BA thread and you can buy male or female inserts for 0.60 p and of course the threaded rod tip ring.

Cheers Terry....might look into this myself

Quiver tip size is a 8 BA thread and you can buy male or female inserts for 0.60 p and of course the threaded rod tip ring.
Thanks Bob....do you know what size the “hole” in the tip ring goes up to? I’ve only even seen low diameter rings on quiver tip rods

Thanks Bob....do you know what size the “hole” in the tip ring goes up to? I’ve only even seen low diameter rings on quiver tip rods
Hi Bill,
I used to fabricate my own but various sizes are available (size 6 to 12 ceramic diameter) under the Seymo banner. Possibly the most appropriate barbel rod pattern is Seymo 244ST Hardlon Swing tip tops. Around a fiver
Seymo Guides and Blanks

I use drennan isotopes,if you angle them left or right and slightly downwards you dont usually have a problem
Cheers Wayne...I'll try this, it'll upset my sensibility not having them "straight" but an option to replacing the tip rings. Anyway, when it's dark will I know they are not straight....LOL :)

First class adapters , been using for ages on sea and barbel rods, can put slightly further back on tip ,also never had a problem with tangling, use the cheap starlights that are available ont tinternet as well .

I whipped some Fluoro Yellow x 4mm x 6mm silicon tubing on the tip and 4.5mm starlights fit perfect
and in the daytime the Fluoro Yellow tube is a great indicator too

Back