• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Next level of irresponsible…

Huanzhou Zhu

Went to a small stream this morning, found two rods with line and hook attached, these are cheap rods and the hook is a bit rusty, I removed the line, gutted it into small pieces and binned it.

what the hell are in these people’s mind…

Attachments

• IMG_6036.jpeg
    IMG_6036.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 291
Backed to the same spot today, and I am really angry, the rods are gone, but someone left a few rig packages there, I think it’s safe for me to assume it’s the same guy who left the rods there and came back with some new rigs to replace one I binned.

This is getting ridiculous and I decided to track down whoever this is and have a word with him.

Attachments

• IMG_6046.jpeg
    IMG_6046.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 119
Backed to the same spot today, and I am really angry, the rods are gone, but someone left a few rig packages there, I think it’s safe for me to assume it’s the same guy who left the rods there and came back with some new rigs to replace one I binned.

This is getting ridiculous and I decided to track down whoever this is and have a word with him.
School kids?

No, an Indian family. Saw them today, one man two women, 4 kids. I was in a rush so didn’t talk to them, but I suspect they are poaching as well, no fish care staff at all but a bucket and few plastic bag, very suspicious I think.
Where is this :mad:

Get in touch with the controlling club [ if there is one ] and ask if they can send a bailiff down .Or , if is a club water , and you are a member , show them your membership card and ask to see there's , presuming they are just chancers it might just put them off from returning . Good luck !

Get in touch with the controlling club [ if there is one ] and ask if they can send a bailiff down .Or , if is a club water , and you are a member , show them your membership card and ask to see there's , presuming they are just chancers it might just put them off from returning . Good luck !
It’s a free stretch, that’s the problem. The ea is useless as we all know.

I can’t understand why you left the rods there and only binned the rigs I would of skipped the lot 🤷‍♂️

I simply don,t get why someone fishing would leave there gear behind, legal or not, very odd, then too return with just new rigs and carry on, our throw away society at its worst. Today fishing a fast weir stream, no fish but a bunch of assorted plastic rubbish, its in my bin now, but just why the seemingly large majority of society treat our enviroment as a dumping ground makes my blood boil!!!!

It’s poaching pure and simple. I was about 15 when I saw it first, bit niave and thought he was just a bad fisherman. Turns out the chap doing this on the Stour was setting his traps, basically a rod top with a rig tied to the eye and come back in the morning. I later found out he’d have 10 or so traps like this and it was all for the pot. I believe he was eventually caught and charged. I’ve seen line tied to branches to same effect but I’ve found these style fish traps a few times over the years.

Back