• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Yorkshire Derwent Record

Darryl Davis

Congratulations to Steve Hill on the new Yorkshire Derwent river record at 13lb 2oz.
Many struggle to catch on there, never mind doubles and the ousting of the long standing river record.

From one who puts in a lot of hours on this river a very well done to Steve.
Fantastic fish,great photo of a truly wild fish from an challenging river.
Well done mate
Ken

2 records gone in a short time

cracking lads well done.:)

That is a superb acheivement Steve . The Yorkshire Derwent record must have been one of the longest standing in the modern era of barbel river records , hearty congratulations .

That is a superb acheivement Steve . The Yorkshire Derwent record must have been one of the longest standing in the modern era of barbel river records , hearty congratulations .

Agreed. I remember seeing Jon's fish in the Yorkshire Evening Press all those years ago - I was 10 at the time! Fantastic fish Steve - thanks for sharing the pic.

Wheres the picture gone?
Great fish would have won the monthly prize?
Publicity one minute not the next.
Many catch big fish and dont publisise but if you do one minute why then decide not to.
Its not as if anyone can work out where the fish was from or to be honest due the limited number of Barbel men on the Derwent would any want to chase the fish.?
Ken

The picture had been requested not to be made public.It was put on by mistake, asked to be taken off.Apologies made and accepted.simple as that.

Jason

Fair enough.
Again well done Steve and your secrets safe with me.
Shame it cant be the fish of the month its a great fish for the Derwent.
Ken

I do understand the need to keep the location of a big fish catch quiet, particularly on a smallish river, because if you don't the circus will arrive in town :rolleyes: However, surely if the news is already out that the record has been broken, and by whom...then the photo is actually irrelevant, especially so as it apparently doesn't give a clue to the location. Horse already bolted and all that methinks.....

Cheers, Dave.

TBH, knowing the swim would make little difference. The Derwent fish are notoriously nomadic. Anyone knowing the history of known or proivately kept recaptures on the river knows this.

Back