• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Thames record...

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

A new Thames record has just been accepted. John Llewelyn caught the new record in February weighing 20lb 12oz! Congratulations John :)

5c90b672e7b2a.jpg

I'm going to update the records list now....

Cheers,

Andy F

Congratulations on a tremendous fish...

A fantastic capture from an enchanting and frustrating river. I have very limited experience of the Thames's. But the application and dedication that needs to be put in on such a big deep river with a seemingly small and mobile population of barbel, has to be applauded. Well done John.

He might be one of the large numbers of non members that look in and do not join , well done John

i check in most mornings (early hours) after work, normally between 3 and 5a.m. im very often the only member, along with 30 to 50 guests.

P.S. Stunning fish.

Cracking fish. The Thames can be a real ball breaker at times, blank after blank with no knocks or indications on the rod, then your rod tip lurches towards the river totally out of the blue. This is why I love this river, very hard but it holds some very, very big barbel. As I said in an earlier post this fish is not the only one of this size that swims in OFT. P. S. Photo was taken by a BFW member.

Well in that case delete the thread!
OMG ! why on earth would anyone want to do that ?

I for one like to keep up and read about the latest news amazing captures from anywhere by anyone member or not ? (hopefully its a joke thats gone over my head)

............ (hopefully its a joke thats gone over my head)

Not a joke Gerry. I must explain my comment, and stress it's NOT a BFW Team opinion, just mine.

I wouldn't go into someone's site / house and post one of my pictures on their wall, unannounced and you'd be right you rarely see my pictures posted online at all. I'm saddened at some, and NOT suggesting this is a case in point, who post their catches in as many places as they can. As soon as there's a photo I notice the captor (who is not necessarily the same person who posted the photo in the gallery of course) who is not a BFW member I wonder about ego, or what is it? For the sake of a purchase or a donation anyone can join BFW and contribute remember.

A great fish for sure, and there's no sour grapes from me, a truly great fish.

Any derogatory comment about my reasoning I'll delete my post and say no more!

I'd say 10oz on a barbel of this length and bulk (size) up or down in a few days is well within the norm? If the fish has stopped growing and is just 'fluctuating' on the annual four season cycle, impacted by the weather, available food and spawning, then weights of big 17 to 22 + would feel about the right range? If it's still growing! And over the next couple of seasons it gets caught towards the top of its then weight range on the cycle, 'Someones going to need a bigger landing net!!! I'm padding up for a few 'fast balls'!

Not a joke Gerry. I must explain my comment, and stress it's NOT a BFW Team opinion, just mine.

I wouldn't go into someone's site / house and post one of my pictures on their wall, unannounced and you'd be right you rarely see my pictures posted online at all. I'm saddened at some, and NOT suggesting this is a case in point, who post their catches in as many places as they can. As soon as there's a photo I notice the captor (who is not necessarily the same person who posted the photo in the gallery of course) who is not a BFW member I wonder about ego, or what is it? For the sake of a purchase or a donation anyone can join BFW and contribute remember.

A great fish for sure, and there's no sour grapes from me, a truly great fish.

Any derogatory comment about my reasoning I'll delete my post and say no more!

Paul why are you explaining my comment?!

For the record Gerry, yes it was a joke :)

Back