• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New tackle bag

Neil Kirk

The zip on my trusty Wychwood holdall (20 litre) has given up the ghost and I've only had it about 15 years.

Ideally I would like to mend it but this seems unlikely to be a long term solution so I guess its time for a new bag.

A bit bigger (30 litres) would be OK and a rucksack design rather than the carrying strap might make for more comfortable carrying. I tend to travel fairly light and often move around a bit from swim to swim.

Anyone got any ideas?

Neil

Try any shoe or leather work repairer - my local guy will fit new zips to anything nearly.

The AI stuff is top draw but if you have a way of storing your tackle you may go through various tackle storage items. I have the MFTC with the tackle box - but have removed the box use it for all bit and bobs small and compact to take if on a long session.

The Leslie's stuff is good stuff especially at the sale price - I have bait and tackle bag and it does all my day sessions no problem. The webbing pockets are rubberised so no falling apart easily could possible do with an extra pocket but at £15 I have got rid of everything else now.

All tackle fits in the korda rig unit and the nash tackle mate

If you're really into traveling light - have a look at a sling pack - use mind when wading and trotting the float, maggots in a bait pouch around the waist. Just need a small bucket if you want bigger quanties of bait.

Can second a vote for AI stuff (have a bit of an addiction for it now though to be honest, have nearly the entire range!).

I have both the Stalker rucksack (for my barbel fishing) and the multi function tackle bag for my carp stuff. Both quality bits of kit, both really well thought out. Would recommend both highly depending on your needs.

Chris.

Thanks for your replies.

I have managed to repair the zip but it was iteresting to see what is available.

Neil

Back