• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New Shimano ST Baitrunner 6000 RA

John Cook

Hi All,

Has anyone used or is useing one of these quite cheapo baitrunners i think that they are available in the 6000 and 1000 sizes any thoughts or info??? 6000 size probably to big for barbeling........:)

dont know about those john.i use the exage 4000fa.i have had no trouble with them at all.£54 i paid but you have to swap around.i dont care for baitrunners
albert

Hi Albert,

I hope that all is well with you? Must say that i do not use the baitrunner facility whilst fishing but i like to flip it on should i be making a cup of tea or if i doze on a slow summers afternoon i put my hand on the rod butt and engage the baitrunner, i also like the dark finish to the shimano baitrunners cant stand these shiny chrome finished reels.........Take it easy Albert.

John

I've got one (6000) and it works fine for me. Not caught that many fish on it but it's a nice reel from what i've seen so far.

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for that, glad that you like the reel, do you find the reel not to be to heavy for barbeling? and how do you find the clutch?

Take it easy:)

Hi John

I fish the middle Trent so the reel could be classed as small by some but should be fine for anything other than the big yo-heave-ho!

Not been barbeling for a while but caught some nice carp on it and the clutch was smooth, no issues.

Edit: John, It's the 6000 RA ST model that i've got not the slightly more expensive DL model

Cheers

Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor,

Yes the 6000 RA ST is the model that I was thinking of looking into, shall now go and check one out, glad that the clutch is pretty decent, cant go wrong for about £40 ish with a 2 year guarantee:)

Back