• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New rod listed - Torrix 1.75lb in 11ft

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

We've sold a few stock rods recently so I've just listed a freshly build 11' Torrix in the BFW Shop....

Cheers,
Andy

I was considering it as well, but I want a rod with longer cork handle above the reel seat or sliding ring. Let’s what will come next.
That’s something you will need to have custom built.
They won’t be built standard with sliding bands or extra cork above the seat. These are customizations you’ll need to ask for

I was considering it as well, but I want a rod with longer cork handle above the reel seat or sliding ring. Let’s what will come next.
Should be no problem whatsoever and of small cost unless you want fancy reel seats and fittings.

Cheers
Bob

Well, I will ask around, seems not many builders have sliding band as an option.
Probably due to popularity above anything else. I’m sure if you picked up the phone not tick boxes, you’d easily get that done with most builders.
I absolutely love sliding bands on the right rod.

Probably due to popularity above anything else. I’m sure if you picked up the phone not tick boxes, you’d easily get that done with most builders.
I absolutely love sliding bands on the right rod.
Dave Lumb agreed to build one for me. The only problem is waiting for the blanks. Thank his I am not in hurry.

I love sliding reel band on the rod that I will hold most of the time, so I can adjust the reel position easily. Also with a pair of rubber ring, no need to worry it getting loose.

Got a box of sliding collars - around 25 pair of the plastic GRS ones that I keep as an option.

Cheers
Bob

Back