• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New rod bag.....

Adrian Mitchell

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all.Have recently purchased a new rod which came without a bag.As I normally wear camouflage trousers, hoodie and jacket (I know, embarrassed to admit it ) on the bank,my beloved made a bag for it so I'm colour co-ordinated.I'm sure she's taking the p××××.Good luck to all out on the bank this week and stay safe.
IMG_2024-06-16-12-23-43-182.jpg

I must admit Mike that over the years she has told me to "get lost" a few times.Only she didn't phrase it quite as politely as that! 😁
Me too mate, but at present Mrs. T. is not complaining. She broke her wrist last week so at the moment I have my uses. Just hope I will accrue lots of brownie points over the next few weeks 😁.

Me too mate, but at present Mrs. T. is not complaining. She broke her wrist last week so at the moment I have my uses. Just hope I will accrue lots of brownie points over the next few weeks 😁.
We are both in the same boat at the moment then Mike.Our lass had to have a minor op today,not a biggy but needs to rest afterwards for a couple of weeks meaning I'm chauffer,cook,cleaner,gardener and chief bottle washer.How many brownie points is that?.Cant wait to be posting about actually fishing.All the best to you both.

Best wishes to you and your lass, hope she is up and about soon.
Don't make too good a job of your duties or you might get roped in when she is fit again !
Like yourself, I am really looking forward to getting on the river soon.

Best wishes to you and your lass, hope she is up and about soon.
Don't make too good a job of your duties or you might get roped in when she is fit again !
Like yourself, I am really looking forward to getting on the river soon.
Whoa Mike.You're going to have the sexist police after you!!.Bonus this morning.An old friend of my wife's has been in touch this morning,can she call up on Thurs to see her?.My wife explained the situation and she has offered to spend the day with her.Am going to be prepping my gear after this post.Hopefully next one will be about fishing.Now have to decide,Nidd or Wharfe.All the best Mike.

Whoa Mike.You're going to have the sexist police after you!!.Bonus this morning.An old friend of my wife's has been in touch this morning,can she call up on Thurs to see her?.My wife explained the situation and she has offered to spend the day with her.Am going to be prepping my gear after this post.Hopefully next one will be about fishing.Now have to decide,Nidd or Wharfe.All the best Mike.
Fantastic news. Hope to negotiate something similar soon.👍

Gents, do not under any circumstances forget the rule of brownie points: there is no rule! Brownie points can be awarded or deducted at random, negated for not fulfilling a duty correctly, and changed with no notice. It is a scheme designed to keep muggins in check… and it works 😅

Back